7209 Taschereau, unit 111, Brossard, QC J4Y 1A1
Phone: (450) 462-7888
EVERYDAY FROM 10:00am to 11:00pm
Dim sum is the name for a Chinese cuisine which includes dishes based on meat, seafood, vegetables, as well as desserts and fruit. The various items are usually served in a small steamer basket or on a small plate.
The Cantonese phrase dim sum (點心) means literally "touch the heart" or "order to your heart's content". It may be derived from yat dim sum yi (一點心意), meaning "a little token". ("A Touch of Heart" is perhaps the more poetic translation.) Though the English word "dim sum" refers to the Cantonese variety, the idea of a wide variety of small dishes for lunch also holds for other regions of China.
Restaurant La Maison KamFung offers a wide variety of dim sum:
• Dumpling: Shrimp Dumpling; Chiu-chao style dumplings; Shaomai
• Rice noodle rolls or cheong fun
• Phoenix talons; Ngau yuk kau/ Niu rou qiu; Lotus leaf rice
• Crispy fried squid
• Rolls: Spring roll; Tofu skin roll
• Cakes: Turnip cake; Taro cake; Water chestnut cake; Chien chang go
• Egg tart; Jin deui or Matuan; Dou fu fa; Mango pudding; Malay Steamed Sponge Cake.